Suggest treatment for abdominal and back pain

Dr. Aashish Raghu

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 14 Mar 2017 in Back Pain
Question: I have been away for work at a trade show and now home bt I have lower pain on bothsides and overnight the pain is now also in my upper back. My stools are normal no vomiting but the pain is increasing, It is also under the front rib cage.

Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Vitamin D deficiency

Detailed Answer:
Hi there

Thanks for the query

You seem to be suffering from Vitamin D deficiency. This commonly causes the symptoms as mentioned.

Take Calcium and Vitamin D supplements. Wear a sunscreen of atleast SPF25 and walk outside for 45 minutes everyday at 3:00PM.

Avoid caffeine, colas, junk food, fatty food. Keep well hydrated. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. Perform Yoga for stress relief.

Apply hot packs to the affected region. Take Tablet Diclofenac with Thicolchicoside combination twice a day after meals and Tablet Rabeprazole twice a day before meals for 5 days. Avoid bending forwards or lifting weights.

I hope I have answered your query.

I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Dr. Aashish Raghu
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj