Suggest treatment for a tick bite

General Surgeon
Question
I just removed a tick from the back of my tricep. It was in the middle of a 3/8 dia. Dark red spot. I don't see any bullseye. We removed the 1/8" long tick with tweezers ( could have been on me a week) A spec was embedded. I don't have any I'll effects. We bathed it with alcohol & soap & water. What else do I need to do?
Tue, 17 Apr 2018 in Lump

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Keep an eye on the tick area.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

You did all you should. And it seems to be done correctly. Now the only thing you should be aware is a redness in the area where the tick was located or flue like symptoms. If any of those appears, antibiotic should be given. Otherwise you should be fine.

Hope this helps.
Regards.