Suggest treatment for a small cut on the testicle

Dr. Nishad BN

Posted on Wed, 24 Aug 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hey there, so i was shaving my testicles off using an electric trimmer and had a minor cut. I thought it would get infected so I washed it using undiluted dettol (bad mistake).

This was a day ago and it hurts like hell. Like really - really bad.

Like really bad stingy and burning feeling. It seems to go away when I'm asleep and when I apply cold water to it. Also dulls down every once in a while but comes back with full force after it.

I've washed the area with cold water 5 times and the burn just doesn't seem to go away (specifically in the areas that were cut.)

What would you suggest the treatment for it should be?

Is it a chemical burn combined with the cut that making it worst or it is something totally different?

I haven't noticed any redness or anything like it. (yet)
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Using Neosporin ointment or cream will be helpful.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thank you for asking HCM.

I have gone through your query. Scortal skin is very sensitive area with nerve endings. So it is usual to get more irritation and pain from cuts.
Avoid soaps and irritants to wash the area. Instead you can use normal saline or warm water.
Using neosporin triple antibiotic cream for local application will be helpful for this. Use a gauze piece to cover the affected area before putting underwear. Avoid under wear while sleeping.
These measures will be helpful to achieve fast healing.

Let me know if anything not clear.
I am happy to help you.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad