Suggest treatment for a single red swollen bump on vagina

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi Doctor,

My wife is having a single red swollen bump on her vaginal region (exactly, right side - outer part, visible) . It is sized about half a centimeter, painful, reddish, little bit of pus is there I guess. On observation, I think it is a heat boil. Because, she is got this bump after undergoing weight loss treatment for one week. During that week, the doctors there told here that there would be a lot of heat that will be generated and she should take lot of water and juices etc. Now, its day 3 that we observed that bump.

Day 1: Painless, a bit swollen
Day 2: Swollen, pain started
Day 3: Painful when contacted with clothes/ other parts/ slightly reduced its size.

Coming to our sexual life, we are currently less in activity. The only intercourse happened was about 8 days back before observing this bump. As far as my knowledge, I don't have any infections (I have ruled out all the infections by getting tested around an year back - VDRL, Hep. A B C, HSV 1&2, HIV antibodies etc)
So far, we did not see a doctor, we are applying turmeric paste on the bump and using an antibiotic tablet.

Home remedies show using turmeric, tea tree oil, silver nitrate ointment, garlic etc can treat boils. But, I can't go for them before confirming what actually it is.
Please give your valuable suggestions about the treatment.

Thanks,
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Appears to be boil turning into cyst. Kindly send pictures.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thanks for posting your query to the forum.

I can understand your concern for the red bump I your wife.

After reading your query with diligence it appears to be a heat boil turning into cyst which might be infected at present.

I suggest you to not to apply any home remedies like turmeric or related things. Do cold compression with towel soaked in cold water and do not at all touch the area.

Kindly let me know the antibiotics you are giving to your wife and it's dose.

It would be best if you can send me a good resolution picture of the bump so that I can guide you best. For that you have a feature on the right side of the page.

The pictures will be confidential and will not be available for any one else except me.

Hope to hear soon from your side.

With regards,
Dr Sanjay Kanodia
MD-DERMATOLOGY & Sexually transmitted diseases.