Suggest treatment for a reddened nevus on face under eye

Dr. Ronald Schubert

Posted on Thu, 1 Oct 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have a little red thing under my eye i wanted to know what its called and whether a dermatologist can remove it for me?

I have a red thing under my eye i wanted to know what its called and whether a dermotologist can remove it for me? Or any other ways of havin it removed. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
nevus

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for contacting HCM with your health care concerns

You have submitted a picture showing a nevus on your face that is red and uniform in color. This is a nevus and can be removed by any dermatologist. This is also a benign lesion and is not requiring excision. After removal you may still get a small scar from the surgery depending on how much is removed and the type of excision. The dermatologist could to a scalpel excision or a punch biopsy excision. Either type of excision can cause scarring.

I hope I answered your question. Please contact us again with your health care questions
Follow up: Dr. Ronald Schubert 8 hours later
Is it painful to remove? Will it get bigger? Where does it come from? Will another grow after this is gone? Can it be a sign of something to come?
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
mild pain with anesthetic

Detailed Answer:
With removal you will need a local anesthetic to numb the area but other than that there should be no pain. The lesion will be completely removed and there sill be no chance for regrowth. This is a completely benign mole and not a sign of anything else.