Suggest treatment for a red lump on the arm, fever, chills and stomach pain

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014

Dermatologist
Question
lessons on skin not healing. now have huge red lump on arm. for 3days started out like my elbow was sore then I got fever chills stomach pain redness up arm hot to touch been using sulphur creams on lessons but they won't heal and seem to spread.the lessons start off as nodules then travel and open up. face scalp hands. there also seems to be a whitish gray splotches move under skin. my neck throbs off and on as if something were wrapped around it. i have long stringy things always hanging in nose it's always runny. when I put makeup on it Fester's up and strands will pull off
Tue, 29 May 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possibility of Skin and soft tissue infection. Upload images

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.
Seems like you have a Skin and Soft Tissue Infection (SSTI) - cellulitis /furunculosis.. Fever and chills are signs of toxemia.
I request you to kindly upload a few images of the affected area in "Reports Section" so that I am able to guide you better.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for a red lump on the arm, fever, chills and stomach pain 6 hours later
the fever only lasted for 2 days and then the swelling and pain kind of went away but now there's on my arm this big old like huge huge red deformity looking nodule or mass or whatever it kind of feels like something's moving like inside of it or underneath of it or something and then it kind of sentence like tinges down my arm and my neck and everything starts kind of throbbing and my fingers getting numb and it's hard to hold things sometimes I will drop things just because my hands were all the sudden go numb

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Oral/injectable antibiotics and surgical drainage of abscess

Detailed Answer:
Thank you.
I have viewed the images. I can see deep, open sores (Ecthyma) and perhaps an abscess on arm (the nodule or mass that you feel on your arm). I suggest a 10-14 days course of an oral antibiotic e.g either Amoxicillin with clavulanic acid Or Cefpodoxime Or Cefdinir. The abscess may require incision and drainage(I&D). Therefore, you must contact your general practitioner for a prescription of oral or injectable antibiotics as well as you may need a surgical referral for I&D of abscess.