Suggest treatment for a red lump on the arm, fever, chills and stomach pain
Possibility of Skin and soft tissue infection. Upload images
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.
Seems like you have a Skin and Soft Tissue Infection (SSTI) - cellulitis /furunculosis.. Fever and chills are signs of toxemia.
I request you to kindly upload a few images of the affected area in "Reports Section" so that I am able to guide you better.
Oral/injectable antibiotics and surgical drainage of abscess
I have viewed the images. I can see deep, open sores (Ecthyma) and perhaps an abscess on arm (the nodule or mass that you feel on your arm). I suggest a 10-14 days course of an oral antibiotic e.g either Amoxicillin with clavulanic acid Or Cefpodoxime Or Cefdinir. The abscess may require incision and drainage(I&D). Therefore, you must contact your general practitioner for a prescription of oral or injectable antibiotics as well as you may need a surgical referral for I&D of abscess.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Chills stomach pain no appetite
- Feeling chills with stomach pains
- Stomach pain and chills
- Fever 101 chills stomach pain vomit diaherria
- Stomach pain fatigue chills but no fever
- Stomach pain chills no fever
- Low grade fever chills fatigue stomach pains
- Treatment for stomach pain and fever of child
- Fever chills vomiting stomach pain
- Chills headache stomach pain