Suggest treatment for a recurrent pimple on shoulder

Question
I have a pimple that has healed on my shoulder. It feels like a knot under my skin but it is not painful, and it does not appear inflamed. If I massage it, it will eventually expel a foul-smelling sebum. Not a great amount but maybe ½ a pencil eraser head's worth. It has healed a few times, but always with the lump under my skin. Should I try to get rid of it or not? If I should, what is the best method? Visiting a dermatologist?
Posted Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Acne

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer....it is a sebaceous cyst
Detailed answer...
your query suggests that you are having a sebaceous cyst.
Generally it doesn't require treatment but it is treated if it becomes unsightly or painful or if it gets infected.
Treatment is surgical removal of entire cyst.
Consult a surgeon for its removal,if you think that it is causing problem to you.
It is a simple procedure which can be done under local anaesthesia.
I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks