Suggest treatment for a purple rash on spine and lower thoracic area
need some details to guide you better
Thank You for contacting HCM. My name is Dr Muhammad Ali Rauf & i will look into your problem.
I have gone through your query and would try to help you in the best possible way. There could be a number of causes for your complaint. I would be in a better position to guide you anything if you answer following questions please:
1. since when are you having this problem?
2. it is on which part of spine & is it on any other part of the body as well?
3. please share a clear image of that area?
4. any history of itch at that site?
5. are you on any medication?
6. do you or anyone in the family has history of diabetes, hypertension, bleeding disorder or any other illness?
7. is overlying skin hot and raised(swelled)?
8. any other symptom that you would like to share?
I will be looking forward for the answers to conclude the discussion in the best interest of yours.
Needs further workup; visit hospital for haematologist
Thank you for getting back with the answers. There could be possibility that it is minor subcutaneous bruise which will reabsorb itself in few days and there is also possibility that its is some hematological disorder. I would suggest you to wait & observe for few days. Hopefully it will disappear itself as soon as blood is absorbed from the subcutaneous tissue. If it persists even after 5-7 days then visit hospital and get an appointment for "Consultant Hematologist". He is specialized in blood disorders. He will perform some investigations including CBC with ESR, peripheral smear, clotting profile to confirm the diagnosis. Further management will depend upon the results.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help if not then don't forget to close the discussion and rate it.
Wishing you good health !!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What treatment is suggested for a curved spine
- Suggest treatment for stenosis of the spine
- Suggest treatment for nappy rash
- Treatment and cure for thoracic spine disease
- Suggest treatment for cervical spine injury
- Suggest treatment for diaper rash
- Thoracic spine sprain treatment
- Suggest treatment for rash on penis
- Treatment and cure for lower spine arthritis
- Suggest treatment for spondylosis in upper spine