Suggest treatment for a non-healing ulcer post a dog bite

Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I was scratched by my dog last summer. I have 3 places on my arm and one on my neck. I have boxer dogs. They love to jump and I am from az. with very thin skin. Too much sun. I have been picking white plugs out of the places on my skin for the past year. I have also tryed to heal my skin with no response for weeks at a time without touching the things. There is a circular line around each one. I can use tweezers to pull them off. What in the heck do I have? I have seen a dermotologist for this. He basically said that I was nuts. He wraped my arm in a zinc wrap (hard) for a week. The place healed and then a week later was seeping and hurting. I am emabarrased to go back to a dermotologist but I really cant take this anymore. Do you have any thoughts about what this might be? YYYY@YYYY (P.S. I really am sane)I was also given a steroid ointment that burned like crazy. It did nothing.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Non healing ulcer

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for the query and photograph.
It's looking like a non healing ulcer.
I treat such cases with a broad spectrum antibiotic cream like mupirocine to be applied twice daily for a month.
It is safe and highly effective.
You can try this.
Avoid scratching or using twizers.
Just wash the area with saline water.
This should help you.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina