Suggest treatment for a muscle injury in the groin area

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hello, I just suffered what seems to be some sort of ligament or muscle injury to my penis/groin area after some admittedly rough masturbation from my partner. I was fully erect and she angled my penis a bit too far to the left, and all of a sudden I felt something in my lower abdomen/groin loosen up, or give away, and my penis immediately lost its erect-angle and suspension (It wasn't painful and made no auditory sounds to my knowledge). My penis then pointed downwards, became somewhat numb, and began to go flaccid. I woke up the following morning with a morning-erection and was able to urinate just fine but my penis feels somewhat detached and doesn't react if I try and flex it. There is no sign of bruising but I do feel some discomfort in my penis and the left side of my groin. As you can imagine this was quite traumatic to us both. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. Thank you for reading and helping me.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Could be trivial injury to Tunica Albugenia

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .
Based on what you have described you seem to have sustained trivial injury to Tunica Albugenia a sheath that envelops both the bodies of Erectile Tissue (Corpora Cavernosa).
However this can be confirmed only on clinical examination and a doing Ultrasound Scanning of Penis .

You need to consult qualified Urologist for clinical assessment and get USG of penis done .

Based on the facts that you did not have bruising of penis and you are getting erection following the episode it is most likely that there is no serious issue like fracture of penis .

Taking pain killers like Brufen twice daily will help to resolve the problem .

Ensure to avoid sexual activities till it gets cured completely .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 26 minutes later
Hi, Dr. XXXXXXX thank you for your initial analysis.

I'm quite distressed about this situation. I've got a few more questions if you will.

1) Is there anything I can check or feel for to give you more information as to what may have happened?

2) Does a trivial injury to the Tunica Albugenia cause the loss of control to the penis? When I try and flex it, only the base moves, not the penis anymore. Before this injury I had complete control of it even when flaccid.

3) Also, should I be seeking emergency assistance? I've been reading that there's only a 48 hour window to get surgery to fix injuries like this.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There is no need to be panic

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

Sever and gross injury to penis is always associated with bruising and swelling of penis that warrants immediate surgical treatment.

Your symptoms are mostly due to anxiety and Ultrasound Scanning of Penis will rule out any gross injury to penis .

Do not get panic .This problem will get resolved spontaneously .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 11 minutes later
Hello again, Dr. XXXXXXX

Thank you for the reassurance. I have an appointment tomorrow with my GP doctor and will report back with news.

Hypothetically let's say my GP thinks I don't need an Ultrasound. Should I push for one despite him saying I don't need one?

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Ultrasound Scan is important test to rule out gross abnormality in penis

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

Insist your GP to get the test done to get assured about the cause of your problem .

Do write if you need any help from me

Thanks and Regards
Dr.Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 4 hours later
Hi again, Dr XXXXXXX

It seems I forgot to mention that when I get an erection, my penis no longer "stands at attention" so-to-speak, at the 90 degree angle.

Instead, it hangs downwards. Could this be a suspensory ligament injury?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There is no entity like suspensory ligament in penis

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

There is no entity like suspensory ligament in penis .

Get your USG done to assess the nature of injury .

Thanks and Regards,
Dr.Patil

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana