Suggest treatment for a minor burn pain on the affected fingers

Posted on Tue, 16 Jun 2015 in General Health
Question: A few weeks ago I microwave some spare ribs the bone was very hot and I dropped the bone and now my fingers hurt all the time . What can I do to stop this pain?
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Most probably a mild burn on the affected fingers

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. I can understand your cause for concern, but the best things to do right now will be:

+Place your fingers in cold water
+Avoid hot water contact with your fingers
+Avoid using your affected fingers for any activities now
+Use an anti-septic cream specially used for burns (e.g burnol ointment, foil ointment, etc.)
+Also use an antibiotic on the region if you have developed any blisters
+Use a cold cream on the region (e.g. calamine lotion)
+You can use any mild pain management medication (e.g. tylenol) for any pain or burning, nothing more should be required

If this is a burning sensation, then it should soon subside as the healing process begins. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I am always here to help.

Best wishes.
Dr. Shoaib Khan