question-icon

Suggest treatment for a milium on the lower eyelid margin

Posted on Wed, 27 Jul 2016
Question: Hi Doctor,

My wife has a pimple/mole kind of a thing on her eye lashes. I have attached a picture for your better understanding. She has no pain due to this.

Can you please suggest what problem she has and how we can overcome this and this thing can be completely gone from the eye.

Thanks!
Answered by Dr. Dr. Kakkar (30 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
milium

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I an dr.kakkar(dermatologist). I have gone through your query and i have reviewed the image.
This is milium which is a superficial cyst filled with keratin. Treatment is simple. Roof of milium is puncture with a sterile needle and the cyst contents are extracted/ expressed out. I suggest that you visit a dermatologist in your region who would remove it for you.

Dr. Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist