Suggest treatment for a lump under the collar bone

Posted on Fri, 19 Jun 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have a soft lump under my collar bone, front, chest, next to my shoulder joint. It is very sore. f
eels like I had a hard work out. Some days so bad I can't move my arm comfortably. Today it is just like sore muscles, to touch. to best describe the size, a large date.
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Soft tissues ultrasound should be done.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Lump in this location can be enlarged lymph node, infected sebaceus cyst or ganglion cyst.

Lymph node is usually movable and rounded. It is not quite soft, rather hard. Can be painful.
Infected sebaceus cyst is a kind of benign soft tissues lesion. It tends to get infected. In such situation it becomes reddish, swollen and painful. Fever can be present as well.
Ganglion cyst is connected with a joint (shoulder in this case) and filled with joint fluid. Pain is characteristic for this lesion especially when moving the limb.

I suggest you to consult general surgeon with this issues. Soft tissues ultrasound should be done to diagnose it. Cyst or ganglion can be removed.
If its a lymph node, biopsy should be done.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.
Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon