• question-icon

Suggest treatment for a lump on the side of the neck

Posted on Mon, 17 Jul 2017 in General Health
Question: I have had a lump on the side of my neck (back of jaw, below ear lobe) thats only palpable when I turn my head to the left. I had CT scans done and the radiologist said that my scans were normal but he never told me what the lump is. It will also randomly hurt/itch ane turn red on occasion. What could this be??

Thanks!
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Probably a swollen lymph node!

Detailed Answer:

From the description, this is a lymph node. The size is understandably very small and makes it fall in the category of normal but perceptible lymph nodes. They do not represent any disease condition and there is no need for further investigation unless something else comes up like severe pain, increased size, etc.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me if need be.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Chobufo Ditah