Suggest treatment for a huge red painful lump on the arm

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 29 May 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: lessons on skin not healing. now have huge red lump on arm. for 3days started out like my elbow was sore then I got fever chills stomach pain redness up arm hot to touch been using sulphur creams on lessons but they won't heal and seem to spread.the lessons start off as nodules then travel and open up. face scalp hands. there also seems to be a whitish gray splotches move under skin. my neck throbs off and on as if something were wrapped around it. i have long stringy things always hanging in nose it's always runny. when I put makeup on it Fester's up and strands will pull off
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Furunculosis, oral & topical antibiotics, anti inflammatory medicines

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for writing to us at Healthcaremagic
According to your complaints you seem to be having furuncles which are baterial infection of the skin.
I would recommend you to take oral and topical antibiotics and anti inflammatory medicines.
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to take tablet cephalexin 500 mg twice daily for 7 days and apply mupirocin cream on the affected areas twice daily.
For pain you can take tablet ibuprofen and for running nose tablet Cetrizine.
Antibiotics are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng