Suggest treatment for a ganglion cyst on the arch of the foot

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Wed, 30 May 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hi, I have what appears to be a ganglia cysts on the arch of my foot about an inch and 1/2 behind the ball of the foot (behind the big toe). So not in the mid arch but more to the medial side. It isn't painful (about a 1 out of ten) No discomfort when I'm not on it.; More discomfort when I'm thinking about. I have been daily xc skiing and notice it a little more but not so much that its painful. I'm 71 and in otherwise excellent health. I would say the bump isn't real hard or real soft. It's about 3/4 inch diameter and protrudes out about 1/4 inch. So what do ya think? I do have a podiatrist appt in 15 days. Thanks for your insights XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please upload an image

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on Healthcaremagic.

I would insist you to upload an image of the ganglion. However, I think that unless it causes any limitation of function it would be best to leave it as it is. Often recurrence occurs even after surgical removal.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D