Owl Image

Suggest treatment for a fall from a height of 2 feet

Owl Image
Dr. Omprakash Ashokrao Deshmukh

Pediatrician

Question
My 3 year old was on my bed and fell between the foot board and the mattress ( there is about a 6 inch gap) he never hit his head or even cry when it happened. I just want to be sure I don't need to take him to the er, just want to find out if he hit his lungs or anything what signs would he have.
Tue, 2 Sep 2014 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Omprakash Ashokrao Deshmukh 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
look for the following signs.

Detailed Answer:
I can understand your concern.
Fall from the height of less than 2 feet generally do not cause any problem.
You just watch wheather there is any vomiting, abnormal behaviour, unequal pupils.
If above signs are absent there is no need to worry.
Lung injury us less likely and you can see the blood coming out of nose or mouth if the lung is injured.
So as there is no such problem you mentioned i do not think you should be worried.
Hope i helped you.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for a fall from a height of 2 feet 8 minutes later
Ok thanks. No problems. He is acting normal and it was feet first, i was just worried and didnt want any problems.

Answered by Dr. Omprakash Ashokrao Deshmukh 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
no need to worry.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the follow up query.
I don't think there will be any problem.
You just be relax.
Wacth for any problem.
Hope everything will be fine.
You can give plain paracetamol for pain or swelling if there is any.
Hope i helped you.