• question-icon

Suggest treatment for a cracked big front tooth

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in General Health
Question: I cracked my tooth. Its tooth #7, the one in front that is next to one of my big front teeth. I went to a dentist and he said I should get a bridge but I do not want them to file down my perfectly good teeth next to my bad tooth so they can create a bridge. They said its to cracked to create a crown. What other options is there?
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Tiwari 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Other treatment option - Implant supported prosthesis

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXX ,

I have read your query and understand your concern. As far as cracked tooth is concerned you can replace your cracked tooth with Implant supported prosthesis . Implant supported prosthesis is best treatment to replace your missing tooth. Here we place a screw kind of material in bone and over that we give Crown (tooth) as prosthesis . But for Implant treatment you need to have sufficient bone and its expensive.

You can discuss about this option with your Oral surgeon.

Hope I have answered your query .
If you have further query I will be happy to help.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Priyanka Tiwari 37 minutes later
What about a tooth set up like a retainer?
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Tiwari 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Detailed below

Detailed Answer:
Hello ,

Welcome again .

I have read your query . Tooth set up looks like single natural tooth it attaches to implant and fills the space left in mouth by missing teeth . See XXXX implant is surgically placed in jawbone . After implant attaches to your bone it acts as new 'root' for crown that will replace your missing teeth . The part that look like your tooth is 'Crown' . Crown usualy made of Procelain fused to a metal alloy or all metal or all procelain material. Crown is cemented onto the abutment with restorative material .

Hope I have answered your query .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Priyanka Tiwari

Dentist