Suggest treatment for a corn on the feet

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 4 Apr 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Have developed a corn on my feet had got it treated with radiation but the corners of that corn are still paining feeling like still the certain corner poertion of the corn is still left..the hole which has been created is still to heal but its almost one month..please suggest how to proceed and the treatment for the same..some doctors suggest I must do the surgery but its risky
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Upload pictures

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic
I would recommend you to upload the photographs of the affected area so that I can have a clearer picture of the condition and can guide you accordingly.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 25 minutes later
Have uploaded image please suggest
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Apply a keratolytic lotion containing lactic acid and salicylic acid

Detailed Answer:
I have reviewed the attached photograph though it is not very clear.
I would recommend you take apply a keratolytic lotion like a lotion containing combination of salicylic acid and lactic acid on the left out areas of the corn twice daily for 2-3 weeks.
This should help in expelling out the remaining portion of the corn.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 12 minutes later
have heard that this lotion leads to some infection or something and it burns when it is applied
Brief Answer:
This lotion doesn't cause infection or burning

Detailed Answer:
This lotion is a keratolytic which will take off the dead skin.
In your case it should be applied only on the areas where corn tissue is left.
It won't lead to any infection or burning of the skin.
Alternatively you can get the remaining portion removed with an electrocautery procedure which is a minor office procedure requiring 15-20 minutes.