Suggest treatment for a bruise under the foot

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Mon, 20 Mar 2017 in Lump
Question: I have a bruised/bulging vein on the bottom of my foot. I do not know what to do to help heal it. Its hard because when I walk I step on it. So it is sore. I have put some ice on it when I get home from work. Any suggestions to help heal it?
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please upload an image.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone through your query. However, I would still need you to upload an image of the sore area in question. Also mention if you are diabetic, whether you have any other ailments and whether you are on any medication. Also mention how long this has been occurring.

As of now I would insist you to use soft soled shoes with silicone padding. I will guide you further after getting your inputs and after checking the image.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 8 minutes later
I have sent you a picture of the area. Please let me know if you have received it.
I am not a diabetic. The only medication I am on is Nexium.

Would soaking in Epsom Salt help?
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Image not found

Detailed Answer:
I had been waiting for the image to be uploaded but have not found it yet. You can upload it using the facility on the upper right of this page. Alternatively, you could email it to YYYY@YYYY with Query Id 321010 and my name mentioned in the subject.

I would answer about Epsom salt only after checking the image.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
I emailed the image to healthcaremagic.com with your id and name
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Suggestions given.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back. Finally I find the image attached. My suggestions for you would be:
* To use soft soled shoes as advised.
* To take Methylcobalamine 1500 mcg capsule once daily for a month or so.
* Maintain overall health of your feet.
* You may try applying Thrombophob gel topically and see if it helps.

Let me know if I could help further.