Suggest treatment for a bladder infection

Dr. Ramadevi Wani

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Women's Health
Question: I have a yeast infection that seems to not want to go away -- i had bladder infection and had to have two courses of antibiotics. Stmptoms seemed to disapate. But i developed a yeast infection as a result. But ive done two treatments for the yeast infection (one three day canesten and another 1 day canesten)...but im still mildly itchy and i have an urge to urinate. Is this urge to urinate likely the yeast infection still??
Answered by Dr. Ramadevi Wani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Details below.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to healthcare magic.
I am Dr Ramadevi Wani. I will be answering your concerns.

From your notes it appears that you are having persistent/ recurring yeast infection as a result of taking antibiotics. First it is important that you are examined by doctor and vaginal swab tested to confirm that it is yeast infection only. Once confirmed take Diflucan 150 mg weekly but y mouth or canesten vaginal suppository 500 mg once weekly for 1-2 months ( until symptoms subside).

Urge to urinate could be due to the yeast infection.
Drink plenty of water. If the urge symptom does not subside with two weeks of treatment for vaginal infection you need to get your urine culture sensitivity test done (as it suggest persistent urinary
infection).
Best wishes,
Dr Rama
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana