Suggest treatment for a TPHA positive patient
Hello and welcome to healthcaremagic
I am Dr. Kakkar. I have gone through your query.
TPHA is a serological test specific for syphilis. TPHA positive in the absence of any signs or symptoms of syphilis is known as "Latent Syphilis".
Treatment is by Inj Benzathine penicillin 2.4 MU, intramuscularly, half in each buttock, after test dose. The injections are repeated once every week for a total of 3 consecutive weeks.
I would suggest you to seek an appointment with a dermatologist regarding the treatment.
CAN U SUGGEST ANY dermatologist IN XXXXXXX
SIR TPHA WILL REMAIN POSITIVE FOR LIFE LONG OR ITS CURABLE
If you have already taken the above treatment as mentioned then you need not repeat it. Yes, TPHA remains positive even after treatment but that does'nt mean that you have syphilis. TPHA may become negative in some but persists for years in low levels in most people.
You don't need to be retreated for syphilis.
In that case I would suggest you to get a medical certificate mentioning that you have been adequately treated for syphilis, from a government hospital. I think that should work.
I don't think you would find canadian or european doctor in XXXXXXX But I have given link where you can find list of dermatologists in XXXXXXX
I wish I could have helped you with this but TPHA won't become negative with any treatment. May be they just wan't to make sure that you are disease free and therefore want to get you treated form the doctor of their own choice. When they want you to get treated by canadian or europian doctor, ask them specifically if they can refer to such a doctor? I don't know how would a canadian or european doctor help you in getting the report negative. Anyways, no harm in getting your self retreated for the sake of your job opportunity. Ask them specifically whether can they refer you to a doctor whose certificate of treatment they would accept?
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Positive tpha positive with syphilis treatment
- Treatment for tpha positive
- Tpha status after treatment
- What is treatment for tpha 1320
- Treatment for reactive tpha
- Symptoms of tpha and its treatment
- How long the treatment will take for tpha positive
- Tpha test and treatment in homeopathy
- Tpha positive after treatment
- Tpha treatment
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body