Suggest treatment for a Bartholin's cyst

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 24 Aug 2016 in Women's Health
Question: I have a vaginal cyst. currently taking bactrim. the cyst is unruptured. should I still be doing hot compresses? I don't know if I should be applying the hot compresses because I know it will cause more inflamation.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You can do a hot compress.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Doing hot compresses will help in improving blood circulation in the area which will help i fighting the infection. It will also decrease pain and inflammation. Doing a hot compress on an unruptured cyst is not harmful in any way.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal