Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Suggest treatment for UTI

Apr 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 6476 Questions
Hi, I have been experiencing an itchy urethra that travels all the way down to the inside of my scrotum. This sensation mostly occurs when I urinate but sometimes when I'm not. I have been urinating more frequently. Sometimes it is difficult to urinate and I also feel the need to urinate again right after only to find very little comes out. There is a tingling sensation also present. No discharge. No visible sores. This has been going on for roughly 3 weeks with no signs of getting better or worse. The only time I find relief is when I try to flush my system out with a lot of water. I am a 26 year old male in otherwise exceptional health. I have been in a monogamous relationship in over a year and a half. Yes monogamous on both sides! However, she has not gotten a check up aince we have been together due to lack of insurance. Is it possible for an std to ahow up over 14 months later? She is not currently experiencing any of my symptoms. I am scheduling an appointment shortly but I wanted some feedback first. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.
Posted Fri, 7 Mar 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Probably you are suffering from UTI. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing to HCM I don't think your symptoms are related to STD. Probably you are suffering from urinary tract infection(UTI). You need few investigations like routine hemogram,Random blood sugar,Urine RE/ME,Urine culture and sensitivity and Ultrasound of abdomen.Further investigations can be done if needed. You may need antibiotics if infection is diagnosed. You should drink plenty of water. You can consult your physician for your problem. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor