Ask a Urologist   »  

Suggest treatment for UTI

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
I have a uti been treated,I am a male I do have enlarge prostrate but seem like I can't empty my bladder it don't hurt that much ,feel like I got to go but don't sometime what's wrong and the urine comes out slowly
Comes out dripping what to do
Fri, 13 Apr 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need to consult qualified Urologist.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Based on the facts that you have posted you seem to have UTI and symptoms like hesitancy ,poor urine flow are secondary to enlarged prostate .

Consult qualified Urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Urine routine and culture.
2) Ultrasound scanning of abdomen and pelvis
3) Serum PSA.

In the mean while start taking antibiotic like Ciprofloxacine and Nitrofurantoin twice daily along with Tomsulosin once daily .This will help to get some relief from symptoms

Further treatment will depend upon result of these tests and final diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.