Suggest treatment for UTI
Each time I’ve had a UTI this year, the symptoms seem to be worse and progress more rapidly. Initially, I had frequency, urgency, cloudy and bloody urine, odd/strong/bad smelling urine, burning (more on that below), and some discomfort right above my pubic area. Each time after, I get all the above symptoms, but it seems I’ve started to get headaches, fatigue, whole body aches, and chills as well. I’m also not getting the relatively quick symptomatic relief from antibiotics. For my first UTI, I was prescribed Bactrim, followed by Macrobid for the next 3.
One thing that’s odd to me that I can’t figure out from reading online, is the extent of the burning sensation during urination. For me, it starts a few seconds after I start to urinate, and it’s more a cross between burning and an almost electric shock sensation that starts in my pelvic area but spreads throughout my whole body, including arms and legs. It’s over right after I finish urinating, but it’s really uncomfortable.
Is it uncommon for UTI burning to present this way, and for symptoms to worsen upon recurrence? Thanks for your help.
These symptoms are not uncommon for UTI.
Thank you writing in healthcare magic.
You should know that these symptoms, burning urination in this way and worsen symptoms are not uncommon in recurrent UTI.
I suggest to meet a nephrologist , to do abdominal ultrasound, urine culture, azotemia, creatinine, in order to find the cause of this recurent urinary infection and to treat better.
I hope my answer helps you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for recurrentt uti
- Suggest treatment for recurring uti
- Suggest treatment for uti
- Suggest treatment for appetite loss and uti
- Suggest treatment for fever due to uti
- Suggest treatment for uti when on treatment for dementia
- Suggest treatment for reoccuring uti
- Male uti treatment and treatments
- What treatment is suggested for uti
- Suggest treatment for recurrent uti
- Can HIV be contracted from biting someone on the clothing?
- Suggest treatment for fever, lack of appetite and loose stool
- Suggest treatment for persistent headache while on antibiotics
- Suggest treatment for recurrent malaria
- What does my IGG result report indicate?
- What causes lymph node swelling while treating tuberculosis?
- Can HIV be contracted through oral sex?
- Suggest treatment for red bumps on the vaginal lips and inner groin area
- Suggest treatment for severe sore throat and jaw pain
- Is HIV RNA test done 2 weeks post exposure conclusive?