Suggest treatment for UTI

Posted on Tue, 3 Oct 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I have a UTI and I have a prescription for Biaxin 500mg taking it 2x's per day. Will this help get rid of the infection? I started having symptoms yesterday.
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
it should help you

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Though it is not one of the more commonly used medications for UTI, it can help to treat your infection.

It can take up to 2- 3 days, in some cases, for improvement to occur so you would not get an immediate response.

If there is not even minimal improvement by that time, then you may need an alternative.

In addition to antibiotics, using copious fluids is important.

Cranberry products can sometimes be helpful as well

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Dr. Michelle Gibson James