• question-icon

    Suggest treatment for UTI

Posted on Mon, 10 Jul 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hello Doctor,

My wife is 25 year old, now days she is facing urine irritation problem and some times she observed that some drop of blood or reddish color urine also passed after irritation.

please find attached urine report for your reference.

Waiting for your valuable comments on above mentioned matter.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Could be due to UTI. If that is the case treatment with antibiotics needed.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Your wife could be suffering from an urinary tract infection, as evident from the occasional blood staining. Urinary tract infections are common in females. Although the attached report for routine microscopy of the urine does not reveal anything conclusive, a bacterial growth and colony count of greater than 10^5 per cu.mm would confirm an urinary tract infection. Treatment with the sensitive antibiotics should help in the resolution of the problem. I would therefore insist her to drink plenty of water and to get her urine tested for culture sensistivity.

Upload the report after you get it and I will guide you accordingly. Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Answered by
Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :1954

Answered : 4438 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Bacterial growth

doctor1 MD

Hello Doctor I am suffering with chronic wound at calcaneous area since 3 years..., can you please suggest the wound care management for this...

doctor1 MD

I'm 25 and have never retracted foreskin from penis gland( mild phimosis ). When I do touch it it hurts( probably cuz I've never exposed my head in...

doctor1 MD

Hi Sir,Madame, Please find the attached reports for the recent tests I had conducted. 1. HB 1C 2. Lipid profile 3. Micro album minuria 4....

doctor1 MD

i am 31, married, saw my period on the 12th of may 2012, since then, am yet to see my flow, did a pregnancy blood test on the 3rd of july, it was...

doctor1 MD

doctor,i have staphloccocus after going for test.the result show that i have a profuse growth of staphloccocus.after a month of treatment.i went...

doctor1 MD

My 4 weeks old daughter has green and white discharge coming out of her left eye. Swabs were taken and here are the results which I don t...

doctor1 MD

HI , iam female , 26 years old . 174 cm , wt is 57 , iam gilberts syndrome patient and not married . I had suffered for a while from UTI .... and...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

173 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha
  • Q - Suggest treatment for severe loose motion

  • Q - Is there any cure for degenerative mucoid cyst associated with...

  • Q - Suggest treatment for chronic severe diarrhea and stomach pain

  • Q - Does Klonopin of a different brand cause any adverse reactions?

  • Q - What causes unusual sweating?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for joints pain in a person with IBS

  • Q - What are the side effects of Superglue injection?

  • Q - Suggest remedy for excessive dryness in mouth

  • Q - Is restarting of Casodex advisable after stopping it?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for severe constipation