• question-icon

Suggest treatment for UTI

Posted on Mon, 10 Jul 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hello Doctor,

My wife is 25 year old, now days she is facing urine irritation problem and some times she observed that some drop of blood or reddish color urine also passed after irritation.

please find attached urine report for your reference.

Waiting for your valuable comments on above mentioned matter.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Could be due to UTI. If that is the case treatment with antibiotics needed.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Your wife could be suffering from an urinary tract infection, as evident from the occasional blood staining. Urinary tract infections are common in females. Although the attached report for routine microscopy of the urine does not reveal anything conclusive, a bacterial growth and colony count of greater than 10^5 per cu.mm would confirm an urinary tract infection. Treatment with the sensitive antibiotics should help in the resolution of the problem. I would therefore insist her to drink plenty of water and to get her urine tested for culture sensistivity.

Upload the report after you get it and I will guide you accordingly. Let me know if I could help further.

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha