• question-icon

Suggest treatment for UTI

Posted on Wed, 5 Jul 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: For the last 24 hours or so i have had a near constant need to urinate. Every time i go some does come out but not a ton. I have no pain but a feeling of pressure in my lower abdomen below my belly button. Everything i resd online says UTI but isn't it weird for a male to get a UTI? The only drugs i currently take are Zyzal and Flonase for seasonal allergies. I had a physical last July and eveything was "normal".

I have not had sexual intercourse in over two months. The only other thing i can think of is that i have been in a lot of swimming pools lately.

Any ideas on what this could be?
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Urinary tract infection, renal stone or prostatitis

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns . this symptoms could be due to a number of causes including urinate tract infection, a renal stone or prostatitis which is uncommon at your age.
urinary tract infection should be diagnosed by a urine analysis together with culture and sensitivity test to determine which antibiotic will be suitable to treat the infection
renal stones and prostatitis should be diagnosed by a pelvic ultrasound to be treated accordingly, I hope I answered your question
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman