• question-icon

Suggest treatment for UTI while on Ofloxacin

Posted on Mon, 7 Aug 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: i am suffering from uti from past 3 days. the burning sensation is not there now but my lower back is paining a lot. i cant sleep without pain killers. i hv my culture done and taking ofloxacin tablets.
is lower back pain related to urine infection?
what should i do further?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Get Ultrasound Scanni g of the abdomen done

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .
Burning urination with pain in b=lower back is mostly due to stone either in kidney or ureter and needs to be confirmed .

Consult qualified Urologist for clinical examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Urine routine and culture.(You have already done it )
2) Ultrasound scanning of abdomen and pelvis.

Continue taking Ofloxacin and add Tomsulosin once daily along with pain killer .

Further treatment will depend upon result of these tests and final diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist