Suggest treatment for UTI, painful urination and blood in urine
obstruction, diabetes, etc
there are some risk factors for urinary tract infections that apply to men. Obstruction is very important. It can be related to stones, enlarged prostate, blood clots, tumors etc. The doctor will always ask for radiological investigation when a man presents with symptoms of urinary tract infection.
Diabetes may increase the risk for urinary tract infections.
Insertive unprotected anal contact is another risk factor.
Indwelling catheters cause bacteriuria, which may evolve into infection.
I hope you find my answer helpful!
You can contact me again, if you'd like any clarification or further information.
little can be added to the list
Perhaps you can contract a cystitis by having sex with an infected woman (the risk is higher than normal). Less commonly the pathogen may spread hematogenously, but this would result in a much more grave situation. There not many other situations that predispose the male patient to a urinary tract infection. Sometimes no risk factor can be identified.
strange as you said, because usually it doesn't help a lot!
You're welcome. Tylenol is a mild painkiller, so there had to be some benefit but usually it doesn't help that much. It has no effect on bleeding though, so this is just a coincidence. Ciprofloxacin is a very good choice for the treatment of community acquired urinary tract infections.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Phimosis blood in urine treatment
- Blood in urine infection treatment
- Uti had urine test what is cause and treatment
- Suggest treatment for blood in urine
- Suggest treatment for frequesnt urination
- Suggest treatment for frequent urination
- Suggest treatments for pain during urination
- Bcg treatment blood in urine
- Suggest treatment for blood in urine due to kidney stones
- Blood clots in urine carcinoid cancer history of utis treatment
- Suggest treatment for splenic cyst
- What causes dry throat?
- What causes itching in breast?
- What causes chest pain and heart burn?
- Suggest treatment for pain in heels
- Can i take Paxil along with Clonidine?
- Suggest ways to manage diabetes
- Does taking Plaquinel for lupus affect the memory?
- What does an enlarged lymph node on neck indicate?
- Is infection possible by touching a dead bird despite using a disinfectant?