Suggest treatment for UTI in a hypertensive person while on Cipro

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 23 Aug 2016 in Women's Health
Question: I've had two UTIs in the past month. It cleared up then came back. I was on Cipro for a few days .It was fine for a week, Now in the last week it's come back, with mostly frequent urinating and sharp lower back pain. Last week I had vaginal bleeding when I strained to defecate (this happened twice) and now tonight more vaginal bleeding when I had a bowel movement (some straining). I'm so afraid it's uterine cancer. I have two of the risk factors, overweight and high blood pressure. COuld this be caused from the chronic UTI or something more serious? Ps I took a urine test and still have a UTI
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Investigations advised

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to Health Care.Magic Forum. Thanks for trusting is with your health query.I have gone through your query and understand your concerns completely.
Repeated UTI are common in patients with deranged sugar profile if those with poor hygiene.
J would suggest you to get a Blood sugar test, Pap smear and urine culture.
After seeing the reports, I will suggest you further..
Main thing which is bothering me is spotting you had so I want you to have local examination by a gynecologist as it can be piles and not uterine bleeding altogether.
Also if all reports and examination is normal then get an ultrasound done which will guide us to the source of bleeding.
All the best
Dr Manisha