Suggest treatment for UTI during pregnancy

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 16 Mar 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: I am diagnosed with UTI, and been given droxy, am six month pregnancy.
Is it safe to use?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
it can be used in pregnancy.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Droxyl contains antibiotic Cefadroxil. it is a category B drug with good anti bacterial efficacy. it can be safely used in pregnancy if needed. You can take it as prescribed by your gynecologist. Do increase your fluid intake also to wash off the infection soon.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad