Suggest treatment for UTI and incomplete voiding

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Thu, 1 Sep 2016 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I Been Having This Issue For The Past 2 Weeks That Everytime I Pee My Bladder Still Feels Full And My Urethra Is Throbbing And Then Ill Have To Pee 30 Seconds Later And It Could Happen Uo To 3 Hours Straight...What Could This Be??
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You have Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query ,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have UTI.

Get your routine urine test and urine culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.

Take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefotaxime along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkalizer thrice daily .Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.

Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.

Ensure to drink more water .To keep your urine dilute This will help to control dysuria.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 9 hours later
What Kind Of UTI Is It?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is bacterial Infection .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

It is usually bacterial infection of the urinary tract and can be detected only by doing urine culture .
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 21 minutes later
Well I Can't Get To A Doctor No Time Soon..That's Why I'm On This App Is It Any Over The Counter Meds That May Help
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Only Erythromycin is available over the counter

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

I think in USA only Erythromycin is available over the counter .Yu can try that .twice daily .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.