Suggest treatment for UTI after kidney removal surgery

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Wed, 8 Mar 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I have developed a uninary track infection after having a kidney removed with cancer, what can I do at home to help myself?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need to get urine culture done .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

You have developed UTI after major surgery of Nephrectomy .

Get your routine urine test and urine culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.

Take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefixime along with urinary antiseptic like
Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily.Later on switch on to appropriate
antibiotics as per culture report.

Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.

Ensure to drink more water.To keep your urine dilute This will help to control dysuria.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.