Suggest treatment for Staphylococcus aureus

Dr. Shoaib Khan

Posted on Sat, 12 Sep 2015 in General Health
Question: hi, i need to know the treatment for staphilicocus auerous
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need to treat it with antibiotics as it is a bacteria

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. Staphylococcus Aureus is a bacteria that can be treated with only antibiotics. It does not matter where the infection is, it can be treated only with antibiotics.

Now you should also know that each individual has a specific type of response to each antibiotic. There are some antibiotics that are resistant and there are some that are susceptible in one particular individual. So you need to find out which antibiotic will be helpful and susceptible, and then you can use it to treat your infection.

The way to find out is by using an investigation called a culture and sensitivity examination. Like for example, you have a urine infection that you need to take a urine culture and sensitivity examination to find out which antibiotic would be best; if you have a blood infection then you will need a blood culture and sensitivity examination.

I hope you find my response helpful. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help.

Best wishes.
Follow up: Dr. Shoaib Khan 10 minutes later
I have attached a attached a lab result of the urine analysis i went for and the prescriptions i was given but i have finished the dosage but still have same symptoms
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pls mention the drug used, dosage, and duration of course

Detailed Answer:
Hello once again sir.

I have gone through your report, but you did not mention which medication you were prescribed and what the dosage and duration of the course was; please specify sir, thank you.

Best wishes.
Follow up: Dr. Shoaib Khan 8 minutes later
ciprofloaxin, and i took it for 1 week can't rem the dosage
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Ciprofloxacin 500 mg to be taken twice a day for 10 days

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir.

Ciprofloxacin should have helped, if one 500 mg tablet was taken twice a day for at least 10 days.

Please check and let me know or start this dosage and report back to me in a few days time. If you do not wish to start with ciprofloxacin, then I can advise another substitute for you sir.

Best wishes.
Follow up: Dr. Shoaib Khan 5 minutes later
kindly advise on another drug… i urinate more frequently than usual, could it be the same same disease causing it??
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Start Sparfloxacin 400 mg first day, 200 mg then onwards

Detailed Answer:
Hi sir.

You can take tablet Sparfloxacin, dosage:

+400 mg to be taken the first day once
+Followed by 200 mg one tablet once a day

Please continue this for 10 days and then write back to me on the 9 th day with your condition, so that I know whether or not you need to continue the tablet for a few more days or not.

Best wishes.
Follow up: Dr. Shoaib Khan 24 minutes later
Is it the same ailment that causes frequent urination??
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes sir, currently it does seem to be the same ailment

Detailed Answer:
Hi sir.

Yes sir, it does seem to be the same ailment based on the attached report and your symptoms

I would however, also recommend an ultrasound to check on your prostate once you are feeling better.

Best wishes.