Suggest treatment for Staph infection

Dr. Naveen Poola

Urologist

Posted on Mon, 3 Nov 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: What means shows growth of staphylococcus aureus ? Which medicine ? What are symptoms and cure ?
Answered by Dr. Naveen Poola 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hi Staph aureus is a kind of bacteria. Antibiotic

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Staph aureus is a kind of bacteria. Antibiotics like amoxicillin+clavulunate, many cephalosporins are used to.treat it. Symptoms depend on the site of infection with it

Thanks!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Naveen Poola 10 minutes later
I m not satisfied with your answer. I have been asked to take Levofloxacin for 15 days. What else should be done. I m feeling lazyness , confused in evening time and lack of energy in the body. Pls recommened .
Answered by Dr. Naveen Poola 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
Complete the course as prescribed.

Detailed Answer:

The prescription given to you is sufficient to cure this infection. I meant Levofloxacin as the staphylococcus bacteria is sensitive to this drug as per the report attached. Please complete the course as prescribed.

Kindly drink more amount of water and fluids which help in some relief from your symptoms.

Thanks!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari