Suggest treatment for SARS viral infection

Dr. Senduran Narayanasamy

Posted on Tue, 27 Oct 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: My sister is in hospital in KY they diagnosed her with Sears. She says no one knows what it is so how can they diagniose
Answered by Dr. Senduran Narayanasamy 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Treatment is mainstay rather than diagnosis

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mam

I believe you are talking about SARS viral infection.Did she recently travel abroad ?

No definitive diagnosis can be made early.It is mainly a clinical diagnosis..Diagnostic tests are helpful only to modify the supportive care based on her improvement in her health.

Hope this helps.If any further questions,feel free to ask.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Senduran Narayanasamy 10 hours later
What is the cause that causes Sears treatment
Answered by Dr. Senduran Narayanasamy 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Cause is RSV

Detailed Answer:
Hai again

Respiratory synctitial virus (RSV) is the common cause and its considered as atypical pneumonia. She needs intensive supportive care. That is observation for a week at least. Mainstay in the management is administration of fluids, antipyretics, antivirals like ribavirin or sofosbuvir etc. Hope her treating doctor is aware of these.

Hope I answered your query.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Senduran Narayanasamy 2 hours later
Is this curable? She has sever problems with legs hurts to pick them up?
Answered by Dr. Senduran Narayanasamy 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be cured

Detailed Answer:
Hello again.

Age plays a great role in this regard..Whats the patient's(her) age ? If she is young,the viral infection can be cured with effective management and also prevent from complications like paralysis,aseptic meningitis etc.

Give her plenty of oral liquids i.e fresh home made juices without sugar and ice..

Hope my answer is helpful.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Follow up: Dr. Senduran Narayanasamy 36 minutes later
She is 72 and has been complaint of untlerable pain in arms and legs. She has had two broken wrists and has hardware. This came on suddenly or did not know this was happening. She has been to ER 5 x in one month. She is in Moorehead KY and I am in NJ.
She does have a heart problem and is a mess. She also drinks she says to kill the pain. My question how does ER miss this. They did tell her about her white count cannot remember.
How concerned should I be.
Thank you
Answered by Dr. Senduran Narayanasamy 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No relation with alcohol

Detailed Answer:
Hai again

Alcohol has nothing to do with the infection she got recently..If her white cell count is low, below 3500/MCL then concern is needed.Without seeing the patient,its difficult to tell the prognosis.. Hope the doctors over there take care of your sister well.

Follow up: Dr. Senduran Narayanasamy 22 minutes later
Now they are saying maybe it is Stars what is that.
Answered by Dr. Senduran Narayanasamy 32 hours later
Brief Answer:
Reassurance.

Detailed Answer:
I too didn't hear such things csllef'STARS'..May be its their colloquial language of saying the disorder.DO not worry ,reassure her and be a moral support for your sister.

Hope this helps.If any doubts, happy to answer you further or else close the discussion by rating it.

You may also ask directly your query @ bit.ly/Dr-Senduran