Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
132 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for Rubella infection

Answered by
Dr. Sameer Kumar

OB and GYN Specialist

Practicing since :2002

Answered : 1656 Questions

Posted on Mon, 6 Oct 2014 in Women's Health
Question: Hi i am 30, female married 2.5 yrs back, trying to conceive. My Rubella test is positive, TSH and regular scan reports are normal. My periods are regular, with 30-32 days cycle. My husband is 30 yrs old healthy, not undergone any sperm count tests so far.
Please advise me on what to do to conceive immediately.
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
evaluation of infertility

Detailed Answer:
thanks for trusting healthcaremagic for a consult.
both you and your husband as you mentioned are 30 years old and have been trying for a child since more than a year after marriage. You are rubella positive. So you must have undergone test for titres of IgG &IgM rubella antibodies. IgM indicates active infection whereas IgG indicates chronic infection and old infection. Per se you should not have IgM positive as they can cause congenital anomaly called congenital rubella syndrome in fetus only after you conceive. but the issue we are dealing here is not post conception but of infertility.

now as you said your tsh and scan tests are normal. but before all,it is mandatory to conduct a sperm analysis for your husband to rule out any oligo/astheno/ or terato or azoospermia or whether he has normal sperm counts without any infection.

if his counts come normal then you have to be further evaluated for hormones like serum testosterone, prolactin, fsh, lh to rule out ovarian and pituitary causes as well.

if all is normal then you should undergo a dummy cycle for follicular study to evaluate your ovulation and egg maturation.
if thats abnormal then ovulation induction with ovulation inducing drugs would be offered followed by an IUI . This can be done for 3 cycles.

further course of action would depend on your response to treatment .

hope this was informative.
Dr.Sameer Kumar

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Sameer Kumar 58 minutes later
My test for Rubella IgG was Positive, Have also attached my other reports for your reference.

Doctor has prescribed Fertyl (50 mg)from 2nd day of my period for 5 days and Duphaston from 17th day to 30th day, Which i need to start from this week.

I just have a question is Fertyl and Fertyl-M same..??
Drug seller asked which one i wanted.

Is Fertyl-M meant for males..??

Please let me know your comments after looking at the reports and my query reg Fertyl tablets.
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Reports are inadequate...more inv needed

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the follow up and attaching your reports.

These reports are your blood counts and sugar , urine report. I wanted a hormonal profile as I mentioned in my answer earlier. Also your husband has to undergo a sperm analysis ideally to ascertain his fitness to contribute fertilization.

Your doctor has advised you fertyl 50mg from 2nd day for 5 days, thats fine , you can start from this cycle.

fertyl= clomiphene 50mg
fertyl m = clomiphene 25mg . so you need to have fertyl and not fertyl-m.

The reports you have sent are all normal. what is required is the following for further assessment:-
Height, weight, BMI, serum testosterone, serum prolactin, DHEAS, LH & FSH. + SPERM ANALYSIS.

I hope i have answered your query.
Dr.Sameer Kumar
you may contact me directly at:-
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Drug/Medication ,  
Medical Topics ,   ,  

Recent questions on  Tsh

doctor1 MD

Diagnosed with Hypothyroidism Nov 2009 at 54 years with TSH 11.98,FT4 0.9. Symptom leading to diagnosis was abnormal vaginal bleeding in menopause....

doctor1 MD

Hi Dr. Manoranjan, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism in February of this year. I do have lab-work from 2009 showing a spiked level of TSH (my...

doctor1 MD

Hi, my self Shazia from India I m 30 year old and recently diagnosed thyroid positive Dr. Suggest me Thyronome 50 mg after 3 month my TSH level...

doctor1 MD

tsh is 5.69 ya sir esr is 51mm/1st hour, tlc isn10.96,rb sugar is 106mg/dl,urine sugar nil .himoglobin is 10%am asking is there any problem with...

doctor1 MD

i have been gone through the medical healthch check-up.I need your input over the attached reports. Please answer the following of my concerns : 1....

doctor1 MD

My Mother has gone through the medical health check-up.I need your input over the attached reports.

doctor1 MD

i have been gone through the medical heatch check-up.I need your input over the attached reports.