Suggest treatment for Papular urticaria in a child

Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 16 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Dear Dr,. my female child is itching on her leg and back always. when she is itching by her hand, blood is coming. some weeks ago she has started for mosquito bites. now I controlled a lot mosquito. but it becomes a hapit of her. I don't know what I can do?
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Papular urticaria

Detailed Answer:
hello
She might have developed papular urticaria, an allergic condition.
I treat such cases with a mild steroid lotion like desonide to be applied daily in night for a week and syrup cetrizine 2.5 ml daily in night for the same duration.
This combination works well and is safe and effective.
You can try this.
If possible upload a photograph of the involved area.
This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis and better way of management.
Waiting for your response.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 12 hours later
thanks. I have attached my child leg photos. she is two years old.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
Papular urticaria

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for the follow up.
It is papular urticaria.
Continue with the medication I have advised.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 59 minutes later
thanks again, papular urticaria will create any problem to baby?. those medication is safe for baby?
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 23 hours later
Brief Answer:
Medication is safe

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Don't worry It is a common problem in children.
As the child grows papular urticaria will subside.
The medication is safe.
Thank you.