Suggest treatment for PCOS
i am 23 yrs old. i was diagnosed with pcos 2 yrs before. i still haven't been able to loose weight. i am currently on no medications and my periods are irregular. could you pls give me some advice as to what medications are good and how i can loose my weight properly.
Weight loss is the key to treatment
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
PCOS is associated with weight gain and irregular periods.
Weight loss is the basis of treatment for PCOS.
Proper diet, regular exercise and lifestyle changes like less stress, more physical activity will help you in decreasing weight.
Exercise includes regular jogging, cycling, yoga, aerobics, skipping and playing games like lawn tennis and badminton.
Treatment includes metformin, myoinositol, oral contraceptive pills, but these are to be taken after you are prescribed these by an OBGYN specialist.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Unani treatments pcos
- Pcos treatment from rudresh
- Dronis for pcos treatment
- Ginette 35 treatment for pcos
- Suggest treatment for pcos and irregular periods
- Hypothyroidism and pcos natural treatment
- Is pcos curable in unani treatment
- I need treatment suggestion for pcos
- Suggest treatment for pcos
- Suggest treatment for anxiety with reactive hypoglycemia and pcos