• question-icon

Suggest treatment for PCOS

Posted on Mon, 16 Feb 2015 in Women's Health
Question: My name is XXXX I am 20 years old I have PC OS I haven't had a period 2 1/2 months i've taken three pregnancy test and a blood test and they came back negative
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 9 minutes later
if blood hcg is negative at after 1st week then you aren't pregnant
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 17 minutes later
Why could be the reason i havent had my period also i have had a bad yeast infection this week idk what caused that
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
PCOS is most likely cause.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and Welcome

PCOS , as mentioned in your previous query , is the most likely cause for the amenorrhea ( absence of menses) which you are currently experiencing. PCOS is associated with hormonal imbalance and is associated with irregular or absent periods. Obesity and excess body hair are also associated with PCOS.

Norethisterone and Ethinyloestradiol combos like Penorit can be taken , 1 tablet twice for two consecutive days. You will get your period within 3 to 6 days. Oral Contraceptives should be used to regularize the menstrual cycle , thereafter.

Yes , Candida ( yeast ) infections can lead to menstrual abnormalities and present as absence of periods.

wishing you best of health.

Dr. M.S. Khalil

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari
Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil