Suggest treatment for PCOS and irregular periods

Dr. Sameer Kumar

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 24 Mar 2017 in Women's Health
Question: I was suffering from pcos before marriage. after marriage ,periods were normal but from last few months again suffering from irregular periods. Right now me and my husband both are planning for baby. but irregular periods issue are making my mind unsure whether i would be able to concieve or not. have done all the test, fsh level is normal., AMH level is high i.e 9.8. no thryroid, ultrasonic reports shows over are normal in sixe, but minor cyst are observed around the ovary. doctor advised to regularise periods for 2 months and then start planning checking the ovulation as well. I m worried whether i will conceive or not?.. I am gaining weight and other health issue also. some people says that taking hormone medicine every time make body habitual and further normal periods doesn't come. please advide
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
PCOD

Detailed Answer:
hello,
Thanks for the query,
The fact that your AMH levels are so high indicate that you do have PCOD. You NEED TO BE TREATED FOR PCOD BEFORE THINKING OF CONCEPTION.
You have to be placed on low dose OC pills with myoinositol supplementation with reduction in weight with exercise and diet and increasing your daily water intake .All these for 3-6 months have been advocated for treatment of PCOD.
Your dummy cycle would have to be done to check if you are ovulating or not and /or your follicular count is good or bad, or if you require ovulation induction with medication or not. All these queries would have to be answered after at least 3 months treatment. Please discuss in detail with your gynecologist and take an informed decision.
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
answered

Detailed Answer:
OVRAL is not recommended. You should be on KRIMSON 35 or GINETTE 35 for 2 months. Rest NORMOZ AND folvite is fine.

I am afraid i have to see your ultrasound reports, hORMONAL PROFILE AND also details of your menstrual cycle of last 6 months to answer if you shall conceive or not conceive naturally. please render details of your weight , height and also your menstrual details with reports.
PCOD CASES conceive but often with assistance.
Follow up: Dr. Sameer Kumar 3 minutes later
Hello Sir,

Thanks for your response, I do understand the PCOD is a problem. Below is my Gynac Suggestion.

I m currently given a medicine deviry 10 mg, which dose over on 1st march 2017, but still no periods are there. Doctor asked me to wait for the cycle to arrive. once period comes, need to start OVARAL medicine for 21 days, Again same procedure for2 nd cycle, during that time she will give me some medication for better ovulation which will increase the chances of pregnancy.
Simunltaneously, for 2 months I have been advised to take FOLVITE and Normaz Medicine.

Is this a right Way??.. Do u think I would not be able to conceive without treatment.. or it will take a long time to conceive.. I am very eager to conceive my first baby... Medicines are creating my body more worst.. Please help me with the fact that needs to be considered.