Suggest treatment for PCOD
I've been suffering from pcod since 7-8 yrs. i took Cystop when i was 25 yrs old and then got married. I am 29 now and married. Since last 4 months i have been suffering from non stop/on-off bleeding. Went to gynae & she gave me Formitol. I'm talking it since 15 days which is causing me severe headace and loose motions.
I want to conceive now. What would be the best possible option without talking hormones and without these types of side effects.
Need some tests for evaluation.
Thanks for writing to us on Healthcare Magic.
Follow this guideline which helps you to maximize the chance of pregnancy:
1) First of all, you need to regularize your period for successful conception. Some underlying causes of irregular bleeding are hormonal imbalance, mental stress or anxiety, Poly Cystic Ovary, pelvic infection, anemia, irregular diet etc.
I have reviewed your attached report. However, I don't find any abnormality (Poly Cystic Ovary) in current ultrasound scan.
2) Relevant investigations are required to do after clinical evaluation. These include serum prolactin level & Hb%, complete hormone test - LH/ FSH, thyroid profile, progesterone level etc.
3) Most women suffer from progesterone deficiency and leads to irregular bleeding in between cycle. Therefore, you may need to take cyclical PROGESTERONE pill (like Duphaston etc) from D16-D25 and other supportive treatment to regularize your monthly cycle. Kindly, consult with GYNECOLOGIST for proper guidance on above mentioned tests and complete prescription.
4) Do unprotected sex without any contraceptive method close to ovulation day (14 days prior to next due date) or fertile days (12th to 18th day of each 28 - 30 days regular cycle) for at least 6 to 12 months.
You can use ovulation prediction kit or LH kit to predict ovulation day in mid cycle. It is available in all medical store.
5) You must take a healthy balanced diet with more fresh fruits and vegetables. Low carbohydrate diet is preferable. Take vitamin-E and Folic acid supplements for 3 months in preconception period and there after.
6) Do light to moderate exercise for physical fitness, weight control and avoid mental stress completely by regular meditation/ yoga. Maintain a healthy life style always.
Hope, I have answered your query. Wish your good health and take care yourself.
For future query, you can directly approach me through
I had hormonal imbalances as well as i did my tests last year. Dont have the reports handy thought right now. Currently i did my TSH test which was 4.5
My height is 5 feet n 65 kgs weight.
I am concerned that can I continue taking Formitol or can you suggest me some thing else.
Im facing following side effects of Formitol:
Loose in appetite
Details are given below.
Thanks for follow up query. Followings are my suggestions:
1) Normal values range from 0.4 - 4.0 (mIU/L). It should be normalized before conception and you must consult with your treating doctor.
Foods are to be avoided- broccoli, Brussels sprouts, wheat, barley, soy, cabbage, fatty or sugary items, excess fiber, coffee, cauliflower, XXXXXXX turnips and alcohol.
2) According to your height, your ideal weight would be around 55-60 kg. You need to do some free hand and moderate exercise, jogging, skipping, walking short distance etc to reduce or control body weight. It will improve fertility to some extent.
3) If you DON'T want to continue FORMITOL tab (due to large side effects), I can suggest OVACET tab as alternative supplements.
Hope, it helps for your information. Good luck and take care.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Wat is the treatment for pcod to conceive
- Pcod bulky uterus treatment
- Possibility of pregnancy treatment for pcod
- Suggest treatment for irregular periods with pcod
- Treatment for impression bilateral pcod
- Suggest treatment for delayed periods due to pcod problem
- Natural treatment for pcod
- Unani treatment pcod pregnency
- What are the treatment available for pcod
- Treatment of pcod problem