Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for PCOD

User rating for this question
Answered by

Infertility Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 3767 Questions
I have pcod and I am overweight too.not getting periods regularly. planning for kid.
Posted Fri, 8 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Weight loss

Detailed Answer:

I read your query and I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply

1. Weight loss is single most important thing in PCOS with obesity.

2. Please loose weight by joining a gym and hiring an instructor.

3. Meet a dietician and get regular diet advice and follow low calorie diet strictly.

4. Other medicines or laparoscopy will not give you permanent solution.

5. If you are not willing to loose weight let me know so that I can suggest other treatment modalities.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol
IVF and infertility Specialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for PCOD 29 minutes later
what I will do to regulate is very very irregular. once I loose weight I will be able to conceive?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Loosing weight will help you to regularise periods.

Loosing just 10 percent of your weight will double pregnancy chances.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor