Suggest treatment for PCOD

Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Infertility Specialist

Posted on Fri, 8 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy
Question: I have pcod and I am overweight too.not getting periods regularly. planning for kid.
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Weight loss

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I read your query and I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply

1. Weight loss is single most important thing in PCOS with obesity.

2. Please loose weight by joining a gym and hiring an instructor.

3. Meet a dietician and get regular diet advice and follow low calorie diet strictly.

4. Other medicines or laparoscopy will not give you permanent solution.

5. If you are not willing to loose weight let me know so that I can suggest other treatment modalities.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol
IVF and infertility Specialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju
Follow up: Dr. Mahesh Koregol 29 minutes later
what I will do to regulate periods.it is very very irregular. once I loose weight I will be able to conceive?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Loosing weight will help you to regularise periods.

Loosing just 10 percent of your weight will double pregnancy chances.