Suggest treatment for OCD and anxiety
no its not normal.
Thanks for choosing HCM for your query!
You have OCD and anxiety disorder,Please mention the medicines you are on ,skipped beats and palpitation is a very common side effects of few pyschiatric medication.Anti anxiety medication in high doses or serum concentration causes palpitations.If you hhave got a copy of ecg kindly attach it to your query so that i can have a look on the type of beats you are trying to explain.As missed beats can be Atrial ectopics,Premature ventricular contraction etc.
As now the episodes are occuring almost everyday i would suggest you to go for some of the baseline tests of cardiology like
24hour holter monitoring-A small device called holter would be attached to your body for 24 hour,It will record the nature of the false beats you are having through out the day.
2d echo and stress test- Palpitation most commonly are associated with some pathological or physiological problem in functioning of heart.These two tests will help to rule out that.
Serum electrolyte-Gross changes in serum potassium level cause arryhtmias.Hence serum electrolytes should be checked.
Apart from this kindly write down the name and doses of pyschiatric meds you are on and from how many years approxiamately.
If possible attach your Ecg copy.
As per you question no this is not normal,It is either due to some physiologic or pathologic problem with your heart or because of The medications you are on.
Drug induced palpitations most likely!
Palpitation is a very common side effect of sertraline,100mg per day is a bit high dose and most likely palpitations are because of high doses of Sertraline,you are on.Clonazepam in high doses can also cause palpitation and again 2mg per day is a bit high dose
I would suggest you to discuss your problem with your psychiatrist.Ask him to taper few drugs if possible or he can also shift you on other salts for few days.Go for the cardiology tests only when your palpitations are not relieved even on lowering the doses of your medications.Please discuss option with your treating doctor.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for anxiety disorder
- Suggest treatment for insomnia and anxiety
- Suggest treatment for anxiety attacks
- Anxiety paranoia ocd depression treatment
- Suggest treatment for separation anxiety
- Suggest treatment for adhdrls and anxiety
- Suggest treatment for extreme anxiety
- Suggest treatment for pain and anxiety
- Suggest treatments for anxiety
- Suggest treatment for anxiety with lightheadedness
- What does the following test report during 18 weeks of pregnancy indicate?
- What are the repercussions of Gabapentin overdose?
- What causes aortic root dilatation while having hypertension?
- What do these following blood reports indicate?
- Suggest treatment for sharp pain in the sternum area
- What does this following blood report indicate?
- What does this thyroid blood test report indicate?
- What does this echocardiogram report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for soreness and pain in the knees
- Suggest treatment for high cholesterol levels and headaches