Suggest treatment for Methamphetamine addiction
First the good news....
Methamphetamine has no seriously toxic withdrawal. There is no fatality risk from stopping it. There is not the same horrible discomfort there is with opiate withdrawal.
Here's the bad news.
It is addictive. It is a stimulant. There is a withdrawal characterized by not feeling as good as when taking it and there is intense cravings to take it. There is sleep disturbance, depressions, sadness when not taking it.
As with every addiction there are some principles on getting past it:
avoid: being in a different city with a set of friends/relatives would be ideal to move away from the milieu/ the sources/the triggers/the associations that trigger cravings and reuse.
Certainly do not have money, the drugs, the paraphenalia around.
Substitute. Other things that are rewarding. Relationships, trips, food. but not other addictions such as other drugs of abuse/cigarettes/alcohol.
Transcend. Share with others what you are going through. Outpatient free 12 step programs. Get a sponsor. Tell family and friends that you are changing and solicit their support.
Diary. Visualizing the very likely possibility of ruin and death if one continues to use a very dangerous drug and Visualize being progressively over it and having more money, job, family, etc. as one is further from the addiction
best of everything to you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Drugs/medication for Methamphetamine addiction
- Methamphetamine addiction and rls
- Treatment and cure for Methamphetamine addiction
- Vague pregnancy test report have methamphetamine addiction worried about pregnancy
- Suggest treatment for swollen feetanklesand legs due to methamphetamine addiction
- Methamphetamine and iron deficiency treatment
- Symptoms of Methamphetamine addiction
- Diagnosis of Methamphetamine addiction
- Methamphetamine addiction pancreatitis
- Methamphetamine addiction causes