Suggest treatment for MRSA
I need further details.
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.
Hi, I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern.
MRSA is well treated by a lot many group of antibiotics for this purpose only, based on the site, source and severity of infection.
So, provide me details that since when are you suffering from this and attach investigations.
Revert with the asked details for a better help.
Dr Anshul Varshney , MD
Usually hospital acquired.
MRSA is usually a hospital acquired infection, and definitely it needs extensive treatment.
On Out patient basis, i prefer to use usually medicines like Linezolid for this purpose.
These medicines are being given for long time and shows very good results.
However, obtaining an Culture sensitivity is must in order to find out which antibiotic is absolutely sensitive for the bacteria.
Based on the culture report the antibiotic can be changed.
Resistant cases are treated with Meropenem or Vancomycin.
I hope it helps you.
If you have any further query,please ask me.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the window period for HIV test post exposure?
- Suggest treatment for allergic reaction to Azithral in a child
- Does Bayer Aspirin cause burping?
- What causes clear discharge and strong smelling urine?
- What causes chest pain with normal ECG report?
- Suggest treatment for nausea, stomach pain and loss of appetite
- What causes leg pain in sleep?
- Suggest treatment for hepatitis C in a heart patient
- Suggest treatment for acute bronchitis
- What causes sore neck and heavy head post head oil massage?