Suggest treatment for MRSA infection
Culture&sensitivity testing;antibiotics&drainage as treatment of MRSA
MRSA is an infection caused by methycillin-resistent-staphilococcus-areus.
Diagnostic tests include culture of sample from the site of infection:
- nasal secretions
- wound swabs
- tissue samples
Culture and sensitivity testing will be carried out to determine the type of microbe causing the infection and what antibiotics can be used to treat it properly.
There are some novel tests which detects the presence of DNA of staphilococcus that is responsible for the infection within a few hours.
Treatment will include antibiotics as per sensitivity testing result. Drainage of abscess is also among treatment choices.
Hope it answered to your queries!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Oral antibiotics for mrsa infections
- Mrsa infection on fingernail
- What causes mrsa infection
- Bactroban ointment for mrsa infections
- Mrsa infection life expectancy
- Ointment for mrsa infection
- Mrsa infection on labia majora
- Mrsa infection of the nose
- Mrsa infection inside the penis
- Mrsa infection during pregnancy treatment