Suggest treatment for Lyme disease

Dr. Sandip Kabra

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in Infections
Question: Hello.
My boyfriend (male of 36 years old) has been diagnosed with Lyme Disease. He's been put on a one month course of doxicycline. He believes he has developed an yeast infection. Should he stop the course of antibiotic? He's only been on it for a week and he has 3 more to go.
Answered by Dr. Sandip Kabra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Complete course of doxycycline.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to health care magic,

If he has been diagnosed with lyme disease then he should complete the course of antibiotic (doxycycline),there is no need to stop any medicine.

He can continue with anti-fungal drug (clotrimazole cream or gel) simultaneously as prescribed your doctor.

If you need any more help then feel free to ask me.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar